So, in case you are not aware, it is International Women’s Day. Today is very important because, well, woman are pretty amazing and deserve to be empowered. One of my goals lately has been to make empowering others a priority. I challenge you to do the same. This world is a pretty crazy place, women have come a long way and today, that is to be celebrated. I am just going to list some amazing things about woman and what and who they are and why they deserved to be lifted up, today and everyday.
- CAN WE GIVE ALL THE MOTHERS OUT THERE A HAND REAL QUICK. You are truly miracle workers, I do not know how you heal broken hearts on the daily or somehow manage to cart your children around on a day to day basis to sports, school, plays, piano lessons. You are so fabulous and I applaud you because I do not know how you handle it all. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO.
- DID YOU GET OUT OF BED TODAY? IM PROUD OF YOU. If you are a woman and you managed to get out of bed and take on the day. While, you already accomplished something. With the constant battle with hormones, the temptation of some amazing romance shows on Netflix, I think we could all agree that sleeping until 4:30PM sounds much more appealing. Even if you just mastered the art of walking to the fridge for some food. You have accomplished something today and should feel good about that.
- OK GIRLS, THOSE OF YOU WHO DID CELEBRATE INTERNATIONAL WOMENS DAY. Thank you, it is woman that keep each other going. I think this is the most important thing in a woman, each of us tends to find a way to lift each other up. All over the globe, woman were able to empower each other all day long. Through social media, we can actually witness the impact that this day makes. THANK YOU FOR BEING POSITIVE AND EMPOWERING EACH OTHER, IT IS INSPIRING.
Ladies, let’s be real, sometimes it is rough being a girl. There is a lot to deal with, drama, hormones, and bed head in the morning. We are all facing the same struggles, and today is meant to be a day of motivation. Embrace yourself, love yourself, and be yourself, cause you are exactly where you need to be. If you aren’t aware, this world does need you and you were made to do great things. So get out there, and do whatever you feel the need to cause you are stronger than you think and this post kind of turned into a rant about how incredible woman are so I’m just going to wrap it up with the fact that you are SO loved.
Social media or ant-social media?
Whether we are willing to admit it or not, we live in a world where cell phones and iPads control our days. We spend hours and hours on websites, aimlessly searching. What would happen if we used these sites for good rather than complaining about our lives (Which I am 100% guilty of as well).My point is that there is a whole world out there that needs saving. We live in a world that needs help.And a lot of it. Believe it or not, your voice matters and social media is a platform that allows you to use your voice daily. Yes, these sites could take away from our lives, distract us and sometimes not help with being productive in any aspect. I challenge you guys to make a change this week. I challenge you to take a stand against something, be a part of something bigger. Use social media as a platform for social change. Get out of your comfort zone and go change the world. Okay, I get it that seems unreachable, but everyone starts somewhere so you might as well begin now, rather than later. People matter and that is the point of this post I guess. Just a reminder to use what you have to do what you can. Inspire others, you are much more capable than you think.
As it is already January 14th, 2016 my eyes keep wandering to the date wondering where the time has gone. 2015 felt like it was about roughly 3 minutes long. So, since it is still the beginning of the year I figured I might as well do a little preview of what the blog will be looking like this year.
With that, in my last post I discussed some of my new years resolutions.
That list may have expanded a bit since I last posted, so here is a new one.
- Workout 3 times a week.
- Stick to a devotional
- Be thankful everyday and live life with a grateful heart
- Volunteer somewhere
- Follow where you are called and bloom where you are planted
There it is, the list, the one that seems so unreachable each and every year. Usually I tend to refrain from setting any goals for the new year, but this year was different so there it is. The reason I am sharing these again is because I plan on posting updates about how each of the above resolutions are coming along. I would love to share some experiences that will hopefully help you guys out also. Please feel free to contact me if you have any posts that you specifically would like to see. I do not intend to make the blog all about me in 2016, yet I figured these were a few topics to start with. Also, there are some devotionals I would love to walk through, recipes I would be open to sharing, as well as make-up/ fashion inspiration posts. So, there is a little preview as we welcome in 2016 and I am excited to see what the year holds.
As 2015 comes to a close I have been doing a lot of thinking about this past year. Honestly, I went into 2015 expecting big changes. Graduating High school, figuring out what my major was, where I wanted to go to college, this was a year full of “I’s”, “I” was graduating, “I” was turning 18, “I” was supposed to figure out where “I”belonged. To say the least 2015 was a year full of lessons. I did not realize that MY plans would not prevail. The college I picked was not where I ended up, I lost a lot of friends I thought I would see on my wedding day and I had some broken days. It turns out that I needed to stop putting my plans first and just live my life seeing what was next for me, letting go, relying on my faith rather than my own mind. 2015 was the opposite of what I expected. Was that a bad thing though? Not by any means. I realized that friendships that stand a distance are so incredibly special, I met amazing people that will be in my life for the long run. I attended a lot of churches, became more independent, finished High School, finished my first semester of college, got a new job, went on many trips, two concerts, countless Disney Trips, the list goes on and on. When I think of 2015 I’ll remember the good memories, the time with family, trips to visit my friends and family, and the lessons it brought with every challenge.
As for 2016..
I have absolutely no clue where I will be one year from now or what the next step is for me. This year, unlike last year, I am letting that go and giving God the steering wheel. Yet, there are a few goals I would like to set for myself this year just to keep me on track so here they are.
- Workout 3 times a week.
- Organize something once a month.
- Take time to reflect on what is happening in life.
- Volunteer regularly.
- Take risks.
- Do a devotional regularly.
Yes, New Years Resolutions are hard, yes, they are rarely accomplished, but there is no shame in trying to do a lil’ self improvement welcoming in 2016.
Wishing all of you the best in 2016.
It is no secret that peace feels extremely difficult to come across lately. In the last month there have been terrorist attacks and warnings to stay away from shopping malls due to shootings every where in the world. Yes, it is SO sad that mothers and fathers can no longer take their children to Disneyland without feeling scared of the next attack. There is no reason that anyone should have to be in fear of being in a crowded area, concert, arena, wherever it may be.. yet we live in a place where this is the reality of today. PEACE becomes almost impossible to grasp at a time like this. Now is a better time than ever to show people you care about them. Smile at people you do not know, say hi, meet someone new. Show people that good still exists. I have not mastered this and I can assume that most people have not. Will this solve every problem thats going on in the world right now? NOT AT ALL.I can not stress enough that I do not believe that smiling at someone will stop all of the hurt and broken of the world we live in. But, at least it might give someone grieving a reminder that there are people here who support them and feel for them and are willing to grieve with them. Bring a little bit of peace to the trauma that is going on in the world. Be the start to a change for the better. PEOPLE MATTER, LIVES MATTER, show the world that you CARE about life and the world we live in. As you go into the holiday season keep in mind that their are many families who have empty seats at the table and are feeling lost and alone. This is just a little reminder to show people respect, to be kind, to show grace, and to love people better.
It’s a new week and with that comes a lot more stress. Monday’s are especially hard considering the end of the week seems so far away. How can we make Monday’s a little brighter? Spread love. ( or drink coffee that always helps) ok, but really we are all just trying to make it, smile at someone now and then just to show a little compassion.
There are a few things that we tend to grow out of, forget about, or just simply can not make time for. Here are a few things to do that I believe help keep you enjoying the little things.
- GO OUTSIDE: Let’s be real, life can get crazy busy and sometimes we get to the end of our day and realize that we did not even get a chance to see the sun. So imagine if you made time to go outdoors every now and then. Just go on a run, walk, or hike to clear your mind.
- TAKE A NAP: Personally, I have the most difficult time finding time for this one. SLEEP is a great thing, unfortunately, something we get far too less than we should. Naps are something we all wish we could go back to kindergarten just to get more of. So, if this is something you might actually have an hour or two out of your day to do. DO IT.
- READ A BOOK: Reading is great. Whether, you are a reader or not, a good book can occupy you for hours. If that hasn’t happened yet, it will someday. This is something I find super relaxing and love to do. It can be difficult to find time to read a novel, but keeping one in your car or purse can be super helpful if you are early somewhere or waiting in lines.
- TAKE A CLASS: Think of something you are interested in. Now, look it up and see what it offers. Whether it is, yoga, art, or cooking, hobbies are great to have and meeting others who appreciate the same things as you can be really helpful in getting involved with something you love.
- REMIND PEOPLE YOU LOVE THEM: We lose track of our friends when things start to build up. Set aside a little bit of time in your week just to contact people and see whats happening in their lives. If everyone did this, people would feel much less lonely. Send letters, or even just a simple text or phone call to show someone that you care.
So theres just a few simple things that can make life a little bit better. Take time for yourself every now and then just for your own sanity!